There are several ways to join the Navy, Army or Air Force and some jobs can have more than one entry method.You’ll find many excellent career options in the Navy, Army and Air Force that don’t require experience or qualifications. For these positions, you’ll receive all the training you need, be paid while you train and you could earn industry-recognised qualifications. While you are not required to have completed Year 12 to join, it’s best to check each job page for specific entry and education requirements.
QUICK ELIGIBILITY CHECK
- Our needs vary by role, but if you can tick all the following boxes you’ve met the basic requirements for the Navy, Army or Air Force.
- You need to be an Australian citizen to serve in the ADF, although permanent residents may be considered for some positions.
- These are application ages but you need to be at least 17 when you enter the ADF. Min. and max. ages vary by role.
- To achieve the minimum security clearance you must have lived in Australia or have a check-able background for the past ten years.
- I have passed Year 10 English and Maths. This is the minimum entry-level requirement.
- For certain roles, you may need to a hold current licence to perform your duties, such as a trade, plant, machinery or manual driver’s licence.
- You’ll need to pass a physical fitness test before you join, but we’ll give you some tips to help you prepare.